Thursday, April 3, 2014

Week 83

Man I can't believe it! The mission is going so fast! I can't believe I am already out 19 months and this is the last General Conference I will have on my mission! I am amazed at how fast its going!
The great thing was how I have been able to see the Lords hand in the work I am doing. I have also been blessed to see that He is the one who is hastening it. Its just amazing to see! I love the Lord. He is good!
So my week has been eventful! SO for starters we have had some exchanges with the assistance to the President. I mean its a big deal cause all that is like the Missionaries right under the President. Everything that I do will be told to president! So I was told that I must stay in the area and my companion was going to the assistance area...Well here we are doing the exchange. We had a lesson with a lady named Maryann. She is catholic and has lived in Utah for 10 years. She is really spiritual and really wants to find ways to get closer to God. So we had a lesson plan about the  Plan of salvation. I was excited to share it! And this was the first time I have ever met Maryann. However we had a fellowshipper that really changed the lesson. In fact he took over. Instead of doing a lesson on the Plan Of Salvation he forced the lesson to the restoration. And yes he was pushing for it. Every time we were trying to get the lesson to the Plan of Salvation he was changing it to the restoration. He was moving the lesson like he had a plan and he was doing it! He even asked us if we could bear our testimony to our investigator! What?!?! Our job as representatives of Jesus Christ is not to be fellowshippers or to be treated like one! O I was furious!!!!
But I did learn to keep my cool and not over react. But the important thing that we have communication with the fellowshippers so that we may work together in unity and help others to come unto Christ. We should always make sure that we realize that we are all on the same team. And that's why its important we always stay united and make sure we are always on the same page in the work of salvation. The Hastening of the work was not just the Age change. But it was also through the members and missionarys working together. As  President Monson said, "Now is the time for members and missionaries to come together, to work together, to labor in the Lord’s vineyard to bring souls unto Him. He has prepared the means for us to share the gospel in a multitude of ways, and He will assist us in our labors if we will act in faith to fulfill His work." So overall I learned we must be in constant contact with our fellowshippers if we are to hasten this work. This is the Lords way of doing it!
Here is something that has been good though this week! There is this girl we are teaching that finally got an answer to her prayers! We had a lesson with her nonmember Mom and the lesson went good! This was the crazy thing that happened after the lesson.
So she gets in the car with her mom and the mom tells her Straight up that she is holding herself back! She said the Missionaries asked her a questions but she was just beating around the bush not giving us a straight answer. You Believe it Her Mom said. Then Our investigator said I kindof do. You Believe it Her Mom said again, Then Our investigator said something like Ok I mostly believe it. Then her mom says again You Believe it! Kindof reminds me of Christ asking Peter "Do you Love me?" And finally our investigator said "OK I BELIEVE IT ALL! THATS WHY I LOVE READING THE BOOK OF MORMON THATS WHY I LIKE IT ALLOT!"... Quite amazing experience she shared with us. And so she is now accepting to be baptized. the crazy thing is she practically knows everything! Although the funny thing is we asked about the Word of Wisdom and she said High Fructose Corn Syrup is part of the Word of Wisdom haha  Made my life!! But shes good! She is golden!
I love this work I love this area! There are challenges and trials we face. But the Lord is so good and so loving. I have been so blessed! With out Him I wouldn't be this happy to be in the work. His Love gives me Purpose in the things I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do ya wanna know?